Tuesday, February 21, 2006

...days like these would never end...

Assalamualaikum and peace be upon you...

Day of the Mundane,
20th dawn of the Festival of Purifications,
Year of the Caminus Canis.

A Slave to a Slave

Today marks the fifth dawn that the Demon rises from slumber as a shackled being. Marking him as a slave are limbs shackled by Chain of Crudus Animae. The chain is made from pieces of beating hearts, soft yet very much yielding. Enslaved is the Demon by this chain, sold is the Demon to the Slaves of Lucre by the smiths of this chain.

An Adfero or any other form of trade does not in essence abhorring, but, when one embraced it as a man sold, it would be. Thus become the embracer a Slave. This form of slavery would differ in definition based on the flame and metal used in casting the chain to form. For the Demon, this slavery is a trade for the liberation of love curse. It is a trade made with his freedom as the barter. The trade master that oversees this trade is Lord Aetas, enigmatic servant to the One True Master, wielder to the Whip of Cor Cordis.

This slavery is disheartening to a half-life such as the Demon. As an outcast to both the living and the dead, the Demon is free to intertwine his existence in both worlds. But, as a slave to a slave of Lucre this ability would strangle him, rendering him into a zombie-like existence, where by the passing of every grain of Aevum, would adds more to the mountain that separates him from the dwellers of his House of Cor Cordis.

And today marks the fifth day dawns that the Demon rises from slumber as a shackled being.

And today mark the first day droplets of Solivagus falls from the Demon hollowes eyes.
oo0oo
In another time, another tale will come.
Maybe, of the things that the Demon saw as a Slave to a Slave.
But for now, the Demon would rest.
oo0oo
________________________________________________________________________

GLOSSARY

Crudus = bleeding
Animae = breath of life
Lucre = money
Adfero = (try guessing)
Cor Cordis = seat of emotions
Aevum = time of life

________________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The chain is made from pieces of beating hearts, soft yet very much yielding."

That's creepy.

demonsinme said...

heya kiddo,

don't read lietearlly, read it literaturally.

Count Byron said...

Deme le Son. Salams from Countess. She loves your mind and thinks you are one smart intelligent man. I can't agree with her more.
She is also concerned when noting that there is a small turmoil in your life.. in your decision as to what is the best cause for you vis-a-vis money generation.
She is quick to point out that whatever one does in life, if it is treated as an ibadah, then one gets the reward for it from God. Thus, the seemingly conflicting plot of slave-of-a-slave could be looked from a different perspective.. and thus you shall be able to enjoy your toil more comfortably.

Thank you once again for the dedication of the 15th February entry. It really makes my day.. and quickly humbled me to be thought, so highly of..

I take it as a feeling of companionship, thus I am more calm accepting that honour. Thanks my son.

demonsinme said...

Me Lord le Abah dela count,

Salam and salute to you and your lovely countess...

I do agree that one should treat one trade as an ibadah. Its true, praise be upon HIM, I do take as an ibadah.

But, what tore the walls of my heart is not the trade. Its the reasoning behind the trade. I honor this job much as it open the doors of knowledge and friendship for me.

What tore me down is "The chain is made from pieces of beating hearts, soft yet very much yielding." I would love to elaborate this much, but, to do so I have to open the doors that I have kept close and guard so viciously the of my life. I need to be able to trust the ones that I let in - another reason why I kept my anonymity.

Thank you me lord and lady. Truly the day that our path cros in this realm is indeed a blessing. The post on the 15th is truly my gesture of com[anionship.

thewailer said...

Deep meaning...what sadness lies underneath such sorrow brother? But to know you have risen from being shackled is a relief though.

demonsinme said...

heya Master Wailer,

Its just the sorrow of being me. Thats all. I don't know in what manner I could tell you of my woes - the simplest that I can is to is this...

for me to have,
is for me to loose,
for me not to have,
is also for me to loose,
like Atlas shouldering the world,
a world as light as a feather of a goose,
a goose of gold,
like the tales have told.