Saturday, December 10, 2005

...the more things to be read by the ones filled with thouhgts...

Assalamualaikum and peace be upon you...

For those who asked...
And those who wondered...
And those who searched...
The meanings of my words...

Sometimes you have to go places with characters and emotions within yourself you don't want to do, but you have a duty to the story and as a storyteller to do it.
Hugh Jackman

I am but a teller of tales...
Telling the tales of a man who was onced alive...
Telling the tales of a man living death..

It is the story-teller's task to elicit sympathy and a measure of understanding for those who lie outside the boundaries of State approval.
Graham Greene
All say, "How hard it is that we have to die" - a strange complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
Mark Twain

Unbeing dead isn't being alive.
e. e. cummings
Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.
George Bernard Shaw

I am but a witness...
Not to the things that will come to past...
Nor to the things that is the past...
Not to the scene of another man's stage...
But to the dramas that is intimate...

Faith is a continuum, and we each fall on that line where we may. By attempting to rigidly classify ethereal concepts like faith, we end up debating semantics to the point where we entirely miss the obvious-that is, that we are all trying to decipher life's big mysteries, and we're each following our own paths of enlightenment.
Dan Brown
While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
Leonardo da Vinci

I am but an actor...
an actor with no will...
an actor with no might...
an actor with no charecter...
an actor with no words...
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me".
Erma Bombeck
Life is a long lesson in humility.
James M. Barrie

For those who asked...
And those who wondered...
And those who searched...
The meanings of my words...
Know of this, and, only this...
They are meaningfull words...
With meaningless meanings.

It takes a long time to understand nothing.
Edward Dahlberg
True thoughts are those alone which do not understand themselves.
Theodor Adorno
We shall see but a little way if we require to understand what we see.
Henry David Thoreau

3 comments:

Fara said...

You want reality unmasked? Choose death - Rumi

Another quote to add to your list.
:)

We'd only be truly 'alive' when we meet our Creator. The after life is THE reality. At least that's what I understand from the saying, and maybe, from your 'laments' too.

demonsinme said...

Ahh...

Wellcome me lady...life after life IS the reality. To walk the life before life IS the journey.We are at war in this life, and maybe, just maybe be at peace in the other..

My humble bow to the gentle lady with no 'H'.

Anonymous said...

"Faith is a continuum, and we each fall on that line where we may. By attempting to rigidly classify ethereal concepts like faith, we end up debating semantics to the point where we entirely miss the obvious-that is, that we are all trying to decipher life's big mysteries, and we're each following our own paths of enlightenment.
Dan Brown "

I like this one. Not to mention he's a rocking writer!