Friday, December 02, 2005

...the greater smacking i got from God...

Assalamualaikum and peace be upon you…
Faith is spritualized imagination.
Hery Ward Beecher

Yep yessiree! I really got a good one from God yesterday – well not exactly a smacking but rather a reminder on life. I spent the whole night contemplating on the lessons that God thought me yesterday, thus providing me with the excuse for not writing this yesterday…hehehe.

Here’s the story…

I went to meet a couple of friends at different time intervals yesterday. The King and The Jester (later on in life I’ll tell why I named them like I named them). Back to the story, I went and met The King first. On the way to the mountain where he oversees his kingdom (not a big one but still significant), I was a bit down thinking about not being able to generate enough money during the eleventh month of the year. The Faraway Princess, The Regents and The Mamak Bendahara have yet to fail in reminding me of this fact – adding more head cracking headaches to my tiny little head. Like all those who are troubled in life, all I can do is sighing out loud, blaming everything and everyone except my self for my incompetence.

I reached at the King’s mountain at somewhere around two. He was quit busy going trough an intelligence report of a spy from the kingdom of bandits. So I decided to let him be and meet him when the shadow is longer than the pole. When the time has come, we met. The King has asked me to accompany him to see his stable-master. So we went to stables. The King presented me with a really big surprise! He’s having all three of his silver chariots modified – an average of 10 grand each! “Damn!” I said to my self.

Damn!

This is the first lesson God gave me.

I told the King that I’m proud of him, and I do feel a tinge (yeah right!) of jealously of him.

The King and I have known each other since the middle ages. He hails from a kingdom somewhere in middle earth. He was not born in a royal family. His family was mere servants to the aristocrats. He never had the tutorage meant for kings like I had. He is where he is by thwarting the ogres, demons and imps that guarded the treasures of life. He thwarted them with his bare hands.

“I envy of you”

“hehehehe” he replied “why should you?”

“ye la, you got all this, I work like hell but still I have nothing…not even a job!”

“demon,” he says “bow to God, have faith in Him and in your self, question not of HIS work, and do it without asking anything from HIM except for HIS blessings and love.”
Wham! Bam! Boom! Knock out. The demon has left the building.

After that conversation which continues to be a very lengthy detail which I don’t have the might to write, the King took me to the kingdom where the Jester entertained his sire. The Jester served a foreign master whom like him very very much. (Well he must have – if not he wont kept the Jester for four years). We arrive there quit late, the King have some other thing to so he left me there with the Jester who has an inverted smile on his face. What do you expect? I was almost an hour late.

We both had a sip of our poison before we make our move to the Tower of Unseen Riches. During the time we were sipping our poison, (which continued on the way) the Jester began to tell his tales. He said that being a court Jester is not easy. Day in day out he have to make sure his sire is happy by making jokes on the other members of the court – form the wizards down to the peasants. It is his responsibility to his sire.

But he is not happy.

Time for God’s second lesson.

Jester told me that he is unhappy because although he has completed his duties for his sire, he has neglected much of his duties to his one true sire – God.

I knew Jester way back in the dark ages. We grew up together. Both of us came from Kings and Queens whose linage traces back to the oracles of haven. Both of us were brought up with great love and great wealth befitting inheritors of kingdoms. We were sent to the greatest of wizards. But even all that love, with all that wealth and with knowledge, we still have to bow to masters of different kingdoms to earn our keep. My path is slightly different from the Jester’s (tell you of my story later on in life).

Jester told me, even though he is of blood that flows down from haven, his sire have showered him with wealth and the wealth that he has gained from the Tower of Unseen Riches is beyond the imagination of mere peasants, he still is laden with unhappiness and inadequacy in terms of the material things. This has been the case even after he has be wedded Chenow White. “Don’t get me wrong, Chenow White has nothing to do with all this.” He said. He told me that all these is because of his negligence of his duties towards his true sire.

“The One True Sire has given me much” he said. “So much and so graciously – even when I am too arrogant to bow my head to HIM.”

“I envy you” said the Jester using the exact same words that I have uttered to the King earlier. “You, my dear demon, never failed to fulfill your to duties to the One True Sire no matter what.” If only he knew. Jester continues telling me that he has set an absolute resolution and has been for the past two week kept true to it. He has and is disciplining himself to immediately answer to all of the calls of the One True Sire’s summoner - all five calls. Even if he has to go against the stomping stampede of the Glittering Emperor’s herd heading back to their barns when the sun beginning to hide it self beyond the horizon.

“I envy you” said the Jester again.

“I envy you because all this while you have been telling me of this - this sweetness that one could have just by loving HIM truly. All this while I have been too arrogant to HIM even when I knew that HE is my true Master”

The demon black out. Two knock outs in one day.

When I got back to my pit, I began to think and reflect back at what God has taught me today. I felt ashamed. I am humbled. I knew now of the thing that I should known earlier. I have found the answers that I’m seeking.

That night I bowed to HIM.

Sincerely.


p/s at the time I was writing this, God taught me another lesson, this time trough the Princess. I’ll tell you of this later on in life.




0 comments: